Last updated: 17/2/2019
Global Data Privacy Statement
This privacy statement explains how we collect and use the data of the website users.
What information does the webpage collect and how is it used?
We collect information via website in two ways: (1) directly (for example, when you provide information to log into the website or complete a form within the website), and (2) indirectly (for example through website analytic technology).
We may collect and process the following information: name, company details, postal address, email address, other contact information, age, interests, gender, photograph, and images/footage captured on CCTV or other video systems, voice recordings, IP addresses, information about your browser, operating system and movements and behavior on our websites and online systems and other personal data that is relevant and necessary for the use of the services.
Although we do not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through this site, we may do so in certain cases where we have the legal right to do so, or where you have expressly consented to this. If you provide us with any personal data of another person, you are responsible for ensuring that such person is made aware of the information contained in this global privacy statement and that the person has given you his/her consent for sharing the information with us.
Except for certain information that is required by law, your decision to provide any personal data to us is voluntary. You will therefore not be subject to adverse consequences if you do not wish to provide us with your personal data. However, please note that if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to accomplish some or all the purposes outlined in this global privacy statement, and you may not be able to use certain tools and systems which require the use of such personal data.
Automatically Collected Information
The website may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of PC device or operating system you use, the amount of time you spend on the webpage, and information about the way you use the webpage. The webpage may also use certain analytics software that enables us to better understand the functionality used in the website so that we can continue to improve the website. The website does not knowingly collect personal data about any person under the age of 18 years. You can stop continued collection of information by the website easily by opting-out of data collection in the website settings section.
Which are the purposes for which we process your personal data?
We might process your personal data for the below listed purposes:
- Provision of our services and products according to agreed terms and as per your request
- Facilitating communication with you for the purpose of ensuring business continuity, providing information, references and recommendations
- To accommodate your requests and inquiries for services or information
- Monitoring your use of our website to enable us to personalize your experience on our webpage
- Provision of newsletters or notifications, including press releases
- To conduct and manage anti-corruption and anti-bribery checks
- Apply analytics to business operations and data to describe, predict and improve business performance within our tool and/or to provide a better user experience. Specifically, areas within analytics include descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, analytics involving individuals (i.e. clients) use personal data, analytics driven by marketing, single customer view and customer journey, talent/employee management analytics.
On which legal basis do we process your personal data?
We processes your personal data for the purposes set out in this global privacy statement for one or more of the following reasons: (i) because we are required to do so for compliance with a legal obligation to which it is subject, (ii) because such information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (iii) because the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, by yourself or by a third party, or (iv) where necessary in order to protect the vital interests of any person. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure, (2) to administer and generally conduct business and (3) to prevent fraud.
Where will my information be processed?
We may transfer personal data collected by us on an aggregated or individual level to various divisions, subsidiaries, joint ventures and affiliated companies of the EuroFreight Services Limited around the world located inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated above and in accordance with applicable laws, as well as to data processors outside of EuroFreight Services Limited globally for storage and service purposes. Personal data will not be disclosed to anyone outside the EuroFreight Services Limited unless permitted or required under applicable legislation.
Nevertheless, where there is a need, we may share your personal data with third parties, such as professional advisors, service providers, corporate commercial transactions and public authorities. Before doing so, we take steps to protect your personal data. Any third-party service providers and professional advisors to whom your personal data are disclosed, are expected and required to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data and may only use your personal data in compliance with applicable data privacy laws. Unless you are otherwise notified, any transfers of your personal data from within the EEA to third parties outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by the EU standard contractual clauses and/or Binding Corporate Rules. Any other, non-EEA originating, international transfers of your personal data, will take place in accordance with the appropriate international data transfer mechanisms and safeguards.
How long do you keep my information for?
We will retain the data for as long as you use the website and as long we have an ongoing relationship with you and for a reasonable time thereafter. Please note that some or all of the data may be required in order for the website to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law. We might retain your personal data longer, based on your legitimate interest or consent (i.e. to provide you with the history of the containers booking). In such a case we will retain your personal data for as long as you request us to do so but not more than for a reasonable period of time, and in any case not more than 4 years. We may retain your personal data where this is advisable to safeguard or improve our legal position (for instance in relation to statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
We delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed.
What are my rights?
- Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data of you and, if so, obtain information on and a copy of those personal data.
- Request rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we no longer process your personal data.
- Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we only process your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent.
- Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to us, or request us to transmit such personal data to another data controller
Note that most of the personal data that we hold about you comes from information you completed, therefore, please ensure that you keep your information correct and up to date by updating your profile/information in the website. Please note, however, that certain personal data may be exempt from the above-mentioned rights pursuant to applicable data privacy or other laws and regulations.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer. Please note that this will not affect our right to process personal data obtained prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or its right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent.
If you wish to exercise your right to access your personal data, to object to it being processed or to rectify processed data, please contact ‘dataprivacy@Sourcified’ or send a letter to 1 Spiteri Buildings, Ganni Vassallo Street, Luqa, LQA 1511, MALTA Att.: ‘Data Privacy EuroFreight’.
Which are the security measures we undertake?
We have implemented appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect your personal data. We maintain organizational, physical and technical security arrangements for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls and relevant policies, procedures and guidance to maintain these arrangements taking into account the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake. We store personal data on servers with limited access located in secured facilities, and our security measures are evaluated on an ongoing basis. The servers are protected by anti-virus software and firewalls, among other measures.
You can indicate your preference to receive marketing communications by checking certain boxes offered on our webforms or as appropriate, within this app, or by utilizing opt in and opt-out mechanisms in e-mails we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you, or to have your personal data removed from our customer relationship management databases at any time by Contact Us at EuroFreight@EuroFreight.com Att.: ‘Marketing Communications’.
Global Cookies and Similar Technology Policy
You agree that we can place cookies and other similar technology on your device, including mobile device. By continuing to use your mobile device to access this website, you agree that the following information may be collected: your unique device identifier, mobile device IP address, information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier and your location information (to the extent permissible under applicable law).
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a site and allow a site to recognize your device, as well as information collected which allows to uniquely identify users based on their browser configuration.
Cookies lets you navigate between pages efficiently and remembers your preferences and generally improves your user experience. Cookies ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
We may use information collected from our cookies to identify user behaviour and to serve content and offers based on your profile, and for the other purposes described below, to the extent legally permissible in certain jurisdictions.
Some of the cookies we use don't collect information that identifies a visitor. For example –
- Performance cookies (see below)
- Targeting cookies (see below) where you are not a registered user
In other cases, we can associate cookie information (including information from cookies placed via our advertisements on third party sites) with an identifiable individual. For example:
- If we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies or similar technologies we may know whether you open, read, or delete the message.
- When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from us, we may also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site
Do you use any cookies from third party companies?
Some cookies we use are placed by third party companies, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IOS, Android, etc. These companies may use programming code to collect information about your interaction with our sites, such as the pages you visit, the links you click on and how long you are on our sites. This code is only active while you are on EuroFreight websites. For more information on how these companies collect and use information on our behalf, please refer to their privacy policies:
- For Internet Explorer, a help guide is available here
- For Mozilla, a help guide is available here
- For Chrome, a help guide is available here
- For Safari, a help guide is available here
You may delete cookies if you no longer wish to store them on your computer. However, please note that the high quality of our website may be reduced as a consequence thereof.
Do we use any non-cookie tracking technologies?
We may also use web beacons (including conversion pixels) or other technologies for similar purposes as above and we may include these on our sites, in marketing e-mail messages or our newsletter, affiliated websites, to determine whether messages have been opened and links clicked on. Web beacons do not place information on your device, but they may work in conjunction with cookies to monitor website activity. The information provided below about cookies also applies to web beacons and similar technologies. Conversion pixels are small codes located on a particular web page which are triggered when someone visits a page resulting in an increase in the conversion count.
What if I don’t want cookies?
By using our site, you agree that we can place cookies on your device as explained below. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device you can change your browser settings to do this.
Please bear in mind that deleting and blocking cookies may have an impact on your user experience as parts of the site may no longer work. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings to block cookies, our system may issue cookies as soon as you visit our site or click on a link in a targeted email that we have sent you, even if you have previously deleted our cookies.
We use both session and persistent cookies:
Strictly Necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided:
- Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize them through their visit and when they return to the site
These cookies collect information about your visit and use of this website, for instance which pages you visit the most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how this website works.
- Referrer URL (internal page) – Used to store the URL of the previous page visited. Allows us to track how visitors navigate throughout our site.
- Referrer URL (external page, including if you click on links on our social media pages) – Used to store the URL which refers a visitor to our site so we may understand which URLs are referring visitors to our site.
- URL history - Used to store the pages visited by a user.
- Unregistered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each visitor to allow analysis on how unregistered visitors use our site.
- Session Management cookies – These cookies allow us to follow the actions of a user on our sites during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window, visits our sites and finishes when they leave our sites and close their browser window. Our Session Management cookies are created temporarily. Once you close your browser, our Session Management cookies are deleted.
These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced, personal features. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
- Registered Visitor cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user to our site, used to serve them content and offers based on their profiles. Also used for analysis and marketing purposes.
These cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; and (4) understand people’s behaviour after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- Analytics and intelligence cookies
EuroFreight advertisements on non-EuroFreight sites – Cookies may be placed on non-EuroFreight sites so that when you click on an EuroFreight advertisement located on these sites, EuroFreight is provided with this information to enable us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
Read more about our web policies and terms: